Under general supervision, operates cash register to account for items purchased by customers, receives their payment and appropriately bags or boxes items for transport. Reports to the Head Cashier.
- Operates cash register to account for purchases made, receives payment by way of cash, checks or charge cards and processes transactions and/or makes change as needed. Packages purchases for transport by customer.
- Stocks areas around registers to include candy, newspapers, and crackers, etc. May be responsible for the ordering of some stock items.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area; cleans doors and windows.
- Ensures customers have a pleasant experience during check-out.
- Stocks other store items and sweeps floors.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Answers telephone and respond to inquiries.
Requires the ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.